Trinity Methodist Church was founded in 1956 by group of young couples. They saw the need for a Methodist Church in the Serangoon Gardens area and so organised worship services and Sunday School classes in 5 homes in the estate. The congregation grew, and in 1958, they purchased a piece of land at the corner of Lichfield Road and Serangoon Garden Way for $66,000.

By 1970, the original group of 28 pioneers had grown to a membership of 246. Through the seventies and eighties, ministries like the Methodist Youth Fellowship, Methodist Adult Fellowship, worship services in Peranakan and a Boys’ Brigade Company were undertaken to reach out and minister to these people groups. In 1984, the Trinity Education Centre was built to cater to the needs of the expanding congregation by providing meeting rooms and classrooms for children and youth. To ensure that the church continued to be one body despite the growing size and diversity of ministries, church camps were organized, the first one in 1988.

In the 1990s, the church explored ways to participate in God’s work overseas, and adopted the Khmer people of Cambodia as the missions focus. Soon, full-time missionaries were appointed and a local church adopted so as to be the focal points of this ministry. At home, as the public housing estate in nearby Serangoon North developed, TMC began various projects to introduce herself to the neighbourhood. Hence, to increase her presence in the area, in 2007, the church took over the running of an IT centre at Block 123 Serangoon North Avenue 1.


The Methodist Church in Singapore

Trinity Methodist Church is part of the connectional system of the Methodist Church in Singapore ("MCS"), and is one of the local conferences of the Trinity Annual Conference. More…

 

 

 

 

 

 

  Related Links

Vision & Mission

Our History

Our Logo


Service Timings

Our Staff

Recruitment

Baptism & Membership