We are looking for candidates who are passionate to work with Children (ages 7 – 12). Successful candidates will provide work closely with the Chairperson, Committee and Pastoral Overseer to plan, execute the plans, and nurture the Children.
- Align the ministry to the vision and seasonal focus of the Church;
- Work closely with the Pastoral Overseer, Chairperson and Committee to plan and evaluate the CM direction and develop annual CM strategy and focus;
- Be responsible for the pastoral leadership and discipleship of our children and volunteers;
- Be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of the strategic direction, programs and designated events for the Children’s Ministry;
- Coordinate and facilitate the weekly running of Children’s Ministry and its curriculum, ensuring the children come to know Christ and be spiritually nurtured in a safe, welcoming and loving environment;
- Source, develop and implement curriculum for the Children’s Ministry;
- Provide pastoral care, support and training of teachers and volunteers, and help teachers to plan and reach their individual class ministry goals;
- Identify, recruit and train new class teachers and volunteers as needed;
- Build and strengthen relationships and communication channels with the parents;
- Oversee all administrative elements in Children’s Ministry, such as budgeting, receipts submission; and work with Facilities to ensure the needs of the Children’s Ministry are met, such as room bookings and assignments, safe environments, etc;
- Collaborate and work with other ministries in the Church to holistically disciple children and parents;
- Survey, identify and evaluate the Children’s Ministry periodically, by speaking with the relevant stakeholders.
Core Values and Attitudes
- Spiritually Mature Christian who loves the Lord
- Passionate and has a heart for nurturing and discipling Children
- Prior experience in working with children in church, schools or similar settings
- Theological training is an advantage
- Able to work independently
- Good team leader and player, with good people and communication skills
- Good organizational skills and planning
Diploma/Degree in Theology/Divinity or equivalent Childhood/Youth qualification. Other related educational qualifications may be considered.
Experience in working with Children
Interested applicants, please email the Administration (Office) of Trinity Methodist Church (TRAC), Mr Benjamin Lee, at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.